• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WR religious demographics.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WR religious demographics.

I'm just curious what the religious makeup (if any) of is. The poll allows 20 choices and there are hundreds of religions, so sorry if yours was not included. Feel free to post your unlisted denomination if you want. The poll is anonymous. I focused on Christian denominations since that's probably the majority of WR members. I will not allow this thread to turn into a war zone so keep any discussion civil.
    Catholic
    11.76%
    Eastern Orthodox Christian
    0.59%
    Non denominational Christian
    31.76%
    Lutheran
    5.88%
    Presbyterian
    2.35%
    Methodist
    4.12%
    Baptist
    18.82%
    Mormon
    4.71%
    Muslim
    0.00%
    Judaism
    0.59%
    Buddhist or Hindu
    0.59%
    Confucian, Taoist, or Shintoist
    0.00%
    Jehovah's Witnesses
    0.59%
    Wiccan
    1.76%
    Hippy spiritualist unaffiliated type
    0.00%
    Scientologist
    0.00%
    Luciferian
    0.00%
    Agnostic
    5.29%
    Atheist
    2.35%
    Other
    8.82%
    Last edited by northforest; 03-13-2010, 05:42 PM.

This wasn't asked in the poll, but though I have a strong belief in my religion I also honor those of others, as long as I know I can trust them on my six.

Comment

Left out Druids

A guy in my squadron claimed Druidism, we never knew if he was joking. . .and he was a big time kidder.
      no woman, no problems.

Comment

I attend a Pentecostal church, so I'll call myself a Pentecostal. I would have picked non-denominational Christian as number 2. Neither is listed.

I would venture to say that 95% of us fall under the Judeo-Christian umbrella. Be interested to see the poll results.

Comment

Another fundamental, non-denominational born again Christian here! Tt.

Comment

North- Did you have to go and search some of those names out or what? I have never heard of some of them.
            Tinfoil Hat Alliance - member #033

Comment

Sorry, I can't list them all. I, as an ordained minister in the Church of the Subgenius, was tempted to put my own religion (which is obviously superior to all others) in the poll. But it wasn't meant to be.

Some of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster members are pretty upset they aren't in the poll too so I'll post a picture from the ceiling of the Sixteenth Chappelle at their Venice, CA chuch headquarters as a peace offering.

Seriously, I included the big ones while trying to have a diverse field.

Comment

You forgot to include Christian.

Comment

"Babtist"????

might wanna add "non denominational" and "Calvinist"

Comment

Festivus.
                    the other white meat

Comment

Originally posted by nobamabidenmarxists View Post
                      Festivus.
                      I wondered where George Costanza went.

Comment

Anglican/Episcopal.

I fairly love the church that I was brought up in, but am very displeased with its politics.
                        THA - member #069
                        KGC - member #11

WHY ME WHEN THERE IS AN ATHEIST JUST DOWN THE STREET?!?!

http://www.warrifles.com
                        One great place.

Comment

Originally posted by katooutdoors View Post
                          You forgot to include Christian.
                          I think there are 8 denominations on the list who consider themselves to be Christian.......as far as individuals I've known in those denominations consider themselves to be.

Comment

Was that non-denominational Christian on there from the start? I mentioned that in my earlier post and could swear I never saw it. I know my vision's not what it was, but is it that bad?

Comment

I'm offended

As an african american, I'm offended that voodoo is not listed...this just smacks of racism!

Comment

Working...
                              X