• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WR religious demographics.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• northforest
    started a poll WR religious demographics.

WR religious demographics.

Catholic
    11.76%
    Eastern Orthodox Christian
    0.59%
    Non denominational Christian
    31.76%
    Lutheran
    5.88%
    Presbyterian
    2.35%
    Methodist
    4.12%
    Baptist
    18.82%
    Mormon
    4.71%
    Muslim
    0.00%
    Judaism
    0.59%
    Buddhist or Hindu
    0.59%
    Confucian, Taoist, or Shintoist
    0.00%
    Jehovah's Witnesses
    0.59%
    Wiccan
    1.76%
    Hippy spiritualist unaffiliated type
    0.00%
    Scientologist
    0.00%
    Luciferian
    0.00%
    Agnostic
    5.29%
    Atheist
    2.35%
    Other
    8.82%
    View more answers
    View less answers
    I'm just curious what the religious makeup (if any) of is. The poll allows 20 choices and there are hundreds of religions, so sorry if yours was not included. Feel free to post your unlisted denomination if you want. The poll is anonymous. I focused on Christian denominations since that's probably the majority of WR members. I will not allow this thread to turn into a war zone so keep any discussion civil.
    Last edited by northforest; 03-13-2010, 05:42 PM.

• Fallschirmjager
    replied
    Originally posted by progunner1957 View Post
    Now wait a minute - just because Muslim (so-called) "men" get to play turdburglar with little boys every Thursday doesn't mean they are bad people! They are just "misunderstood" by we narrow-minded 'Murricans who bitterly cling to our guns & Bibles...
    No misunderstanding on our part that I know of and yes we plan to continue bitterly clinging to our guns and Bibles. Further more we use them.

Leave a comment:

• progunner1957
    replied
    Originally posted by das Gewehr View Post
    Bunch of damned racists on this site. You mean we couldn't garner one Haji to vote Muslim.

The voted was probably taken on a Thursday when they're busy out diddling 12 year old boys in the keister. It is unclean to be around women with their periods but you can dip your wick in a child's corn hole on Thursdays.

Come to think of it, I am kind of glad we have no Muslims, or at least anyone who will admit it.

Speaking of Muslims and terrorists, when the f*** are they going to put that terrorist traitor Major Hassan on trial for shooting up all those soldiers. Oh, not terror, workplace violence. Yelling Allahu-Ahkbar was irrelevant.
    Now wait a minute - just because Muslim (so-called) "men" get to play turdburglar with little boys every Thursday doesn't mean they are bad people! They are just "misunderstood" by we narrow-minded 'Murricans who bitterly cling to our guns & Bibles...

Leave a comment:

• opsec
    replied
    Would the Eastern Orthodox Christian guy please send me a PM? I have some questions about the doctrinal differences between EO and Catholicism and I'd like to get my information from somebody on the inside.

Leave a comment:

• Fallschirmjager
    replied
    Originally posted by Zamion View Post
    If I remember right or herd right for that matter they keep swapping judges on it everytime one is about to rule or allow damning evidence.
    My son-in-law is in the 1st Cav and from everything I hear from him and my daughter the people, not just military, down there are really p*ssed about how it is being handled. No surprises there... Like most things that the MF does, the story is always... nothing to see here folks... move along.... it was a long time ago... nothing important.

There will be a day of reckoning!

Leave a comment:

• Zamion
    replied
    Originally posted by das Gewehr View Post
    Bunch of damned racists on this site. You mean we couldn't garner one Haji to vote Muslim.

The voted was probably taken on a Thursday when they're busy out diddling 12 year old boys in the keister. It is unclean to be around women with their periods but you can dip your wick in a child's corn hole on Thursdays.

Come to think of it, I am kind of glad we have no Muslims, or at least anyone who will admit it.

Speaking of Muslims and terrorists, when the f*** are they going to put that terrorist traitor Major Hassan on trial for shooting up all those soldiers. Oh, not terror, workplace violence. Yelling Allahu-Ahkbar was irrelevant.
    If I remember right or herd right for that matter they keep swapping judges on it everytime one is about to rule or allow damning evidence.

Leave a comment:

• das Gewehr
    replied

Leave a comment:

• grassyknoll999
    replied
    Independent Fundamentalist Baptist. Anything less just doesn't work for me. I've checked out many of the New Age and alternative religious beliefs, and they just didn't hold true. Either Christ is who He said He is, or everybody goes to heaven, no matter how they've lived, because nobody seems to be able to tell me exactly which sin gets one expelled from paradise. So, either Christ was a madman, or what He said was true when He stated,"I and The Father are one. None come to The Father but by Me", or when He told the thief on the cross,"Today, you will be in paradise with Me". Or maybe this life is all that there is, and if so, what's to stop me from killing anybody and taking what they have, if there is no eternal reward? Hell is the topic on which Christ preached the most. Ever wonder why?
    Do not be deceived, my friends. There is a great apostasy coming, a strong delusion in the land. Don't be caught sleeping.

Leave a comment:

• Zamion
    replied
    Originally posted by BrokenSailor View Post
    Oh....I wanted to vote Luciferian so bad....just to put a 1 on the board for everyone to wonder about....but, I couldn't. Luciferian....why not just put "Devil Worship"....too funny...too funny.
    Well there are multiple types of "satan" worship, there is the Anton LeVey school which is basically humanism with a metaphysical side, you are the spiritual leader and magical component of the universe that drives your force of will to come into existence and you basically use the imagery of satan for personal power. do as though will, stupid is the greatest sin...ect.

There is the "black mass" or anti christian side which is basicly saying if the bibles for it im against it. its the most childish of faiths i can think of.

the alistar crawly style idea wich is more based off of obscure mathematical un provable laws that make up the laws of nature and man, another of the do as though will and you are the arbitrator of right and wrong schools of "satanism"

there is Setian Satanism which says "Set" is the true hand behind satan and such.

and it goes on like this.

Leave a comment:

• Broken Sailor
    replied
    To Funny

Oh....I wanted to vote Luciferian so bad....just to put a 1 on the board for everyone to wonder about....but, I couldn't. Luciferian....why not just put "Devil Worship"....too funny...too funny.

Leave a comment:

• Dep. of Hometown Security
    replied
    FWIW, Society refers to us as MORMONS, our official title is LDS or Latter day Saints, because thats the church we belong to..."THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS" not the "Church of Mormon".

That said, like Samuel Adams "I will pray with any man for i'm no bigot!"

Leave a comment:

• progunner1957
    replied
    "Ah did NOT have sex with that woman - Miz Lewinski"

I thought muslims don't drink alcohol?
    Originally posted by Grunt Medic TXARNG View Post
    Of course they don't. And Catholic girls don't f*ck before marriage, either.

Wasn't Monica Lewinski Catholic? Oh, wait - kielbasa smoking isn't "really" sex, right? Just like shooting someone with a 9mm instead of a .45 isn't "really" shooting them.

Leave a comment:

• bren10man
    replied
    Originally posted by oldntrd View Post
    When I met my wife of 26 yrs I was mostly just confused. I knew there was something and I knew this was very serious so I had to get it right. I spent a lot of time worrying why the Baptists were so against having a drink or the Catholics did not eat meat on Friday and so on until I was pointed to a quote by Jesus that said to not worry about the little things but to believe in Him. I now live by that and enjoy a Margarita without guilt.

I grew up having a Jewish family as best friends of my own family. These were good people and I still do not understand the hate directed at them. I do finally understand that even though they recognize Jesus as a great man they are blinded to Him being the Messiah and the son of God. In spite of them being blinded they have been major contributors to my beliefs today.

There is a rapid growing group of Believers that is mostly Jewish but believe in Jesus as their Messiah. They are Messianic Jews. The ones I have dealt with are very well read in the Bibles and do extensive research for the truth. The KJV is good and as far as I know accurate but some things just do not translate exactly. The Messianics work hard to clearify these things.

My wife is Baptist and I am a Believer (Messianic Jew). We believe Jesus is all that is important and that the Jews are Gods people who will some day see Jesus as what he is.

I suspect there might be a couple of other Messianics here.
    To quote the priest that George Kennedy played in the movie Delta Force (1986): "Christians are in fact Jews....just like Jesus Christ, himself a Jew."

Leave a comment:

• 108DRAGON
    replied
    Originally posted by Battlerifleman View Post
    Northforest "I, as an ordained minister in the Church of the Subgenius, was tempted to put my own religion (which is obviously superior to all others) in the poll. "

I have a friend who is the Ordained Minister in the First Church of the Closed Mind. I, however, like you, am a believer in the Church of the Sub-Genius. Bob is God. Since you are a minister in the church, I will now be looking to you as my spiritual guide. The thing that converted me was the parable of hoarding. "When deciding between hoarding ammo or food, chose ammo. If you have ammo you can always get food." More profound word are hard to find.

Seriously, spirituality and honor are important things in your life. The golden rule works well. I just don't need someone else to tell me what God has to say to me. I can listen on my own.
    Killer post!

Leave a comment:

• oldntrd
    replied
    When I met my wife of 26 yrs I was mostly just confused. I knew there was something and I knew this was very serious so I had to get it right. I spent a lot of time worrying why the Baptists were so against having a drink or the Catholics did not eat meat on Friday and so on until I was pointed to a quote by Jesus that said to not worry about the little things but to believe in Him. I now live by that and enjoy a Margarita without guilt.

I grew up having a Jewish family as best friends of my own family. These were good people and I still do not understand the hate directed at them. I do finally understand that even though they recognize Jesus as a great man they are blinded to Him being the Messiah and the son of God. In spite of them being blinded they have been major contributors to my beliefs today.

There is a rapid growing group of Believers that is mostly Jewish but believe in Jesus as their Messiah. They are Messianic Jews. The ones I have dealt with are very well read in the Bibles and do extensive research for the truth. The KJV is good and as far as I know accurate but some things just do not translate exactly. The Messianics work hard to clearify these things.

My wife is Baptist and I am a Believer (Messianic Jew). We believe Jesus is all that is important and that the Jews are Gods people who will some day see Jesus as what he is.

I suspect there might be a couple of other Messianics here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X