• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7.62 x 54R Nagant or 8mm Mauser bolt rifle?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mosins for sale from Lin Schyver

Whoever might be interested......Schryver Gun sales has Mosin's for 85 bucks a piece.

I have'nt picked up 1 or 2 myself....but am seriously thinking about it.

They've also got alot of other goodies posted on the web site so be careful.

http://www.schryvergunsales.com/A.htm

Comment

BUMP !!!!

Lots of good stuff folks !!!!

Originally posted by chris_3051 View Post
      Whoever might be interested......Schryver Gun sales has Mosin's for 85 bucks a piece.

I have'nt picked up 1 or 2 myself....but am seriously thinking about it.

They've also got alot of other goodies posted on the web site so be careful.

http://www.schryvergunsales.com/A.htm

Comment

8MM

I have both.

My Nagant is not reliable, several failure to fire...

I'd never sell our CZ V24.

Comment

Originally posted by chris510 View Post
          I have both.

My Nagant is not reliable, several failure to fire...

I'd never sell our CZ V24.

Your bolt may still have cosmoline in it or you may have to check your firing pin height with the go-no go guage that sometimes comes with the rifle.

If your rifle did not come with the guage then you should be able to get one from this company.
          http://www.tickbitesupply.com/mos.html

Comment

Re: the recoil

I saw a recoil pad that is made for the 91/30 on Amazon for about 12 bucks. Just remove the metal plate, and screw the other one down.

Comment

Chris, when you reassemble the bolt, make sure that the screw on the end by the safety is flush, and lined up with the marks on the safety. I just got mine thursday, and I want to take it to the range today and try it out. I got a video that will help you with your Mosin Nagant- it is put out by AGI. Video #7154- dis/reassembly of the Mosin Nagant rifle. 1-800-797-0867
              Cost it $24.97 with shipping.
              When my rifle arrived, I took it apart and sprayed it down with Gunscrubber by Birchwood Casey. It is a degreaser/ solvent. After that, I wiped it down with Breakfree, and ran a patch through the bore with CLP on it. Getting the bolt clear of cosmoline will stop the sticky bolt issue.
              I hope that this helps you.

Comment

Originally posted by NRAJOE View Post
                As much as I like my Mosins, Mauser has a much silkier action...
                out of the box? yes. after doing josh smiths tweeks and using smith-sights= mosin nagant M91/30

Comment

Hello,

Mosin-Nagant.

1. Logistics.

2. Better rifle.

The Mosin has the potential to be as good as, or better than, any Mauser.

If you buy a 91/30 you can tweak it to sub-1.5MOA relatively easily with shims and cork. $5 maybe.

If you buy a Mauser, you have an expensive 3MOA rifle.

If you do not want to tweak, use the money you'd spend on a Mauser for a Finnish M39 Mosin. They were considered the best bolt action of WWII, and had to shoot a maximum group of 1.3MOA to be issued. Most are far better.

Ammo is plentiful and parts can be fabricated from many different things.

The Mosin-Nagant is the AK of the bolt action world.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by katooutdoors View Post
                    Your bolt may still have cosmoline in it or you may have to check your firing pin height with the go-no go guage that sometimes comes with the rifle.

If your rifle did not come with the guage then you should be able to get one from this company.
                    http://www.tickbitesupply.com/mos.html
                    nagant is a pistol. a mosin nagant is a rifle or carbine.

Comment

Originally posted by bill-may View Post
                      nagant is a pistol. a mosin nagant is a rifle or carbine.

Ok, thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
                      X