• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C&R List from ATF's website

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C&R List from ATF's website

If you want to see if a gun you have is on the C&R list then check out this site C&R LIST or if you can prove that it is at least 50 years old and in original configuration then it is a C&R also.
    KMA - member #04
    Tinfoil Hat Alliance - member #014

Read This ~ Click Here!

sigpic

When ya get yer license , ya get a book of C&R eligible arms that is way bigger than than the on-line list.

Comment

tnx fer reminding me.... i gotta renew mine...... i'm about 8 months overdue...... procrastination is a real nasty bear.........

Comment

I did this post for two reasons. The first is that I have had to send that site to non-C&R holders that have a gun for sale to prove that the gun is a C&R and that was my main reason for posting it. The second reason was that any new add-ons to the C&R list will show up there prior to a new book being printed.
        KMA - member #04

Read This ~ Click Here!

sigpic

Comment

Wondering.....

-Hello fellows, I'm moderately new to the hobby and have lately been thinking about getting my C&R lisence. How would I go about doing that? Do I need to visit the gov. center or where? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! -Travis

Comment

The way I did it was I called my local ATF office and asked for the request forms for a C&R license. I actually got them in the mail the next day since I only live about 5 miles from the ATF office. I filled out the forms and mailed one of the forms to my sherrif's department and the other form along with a check for the license fee to the ATF address on the form. I then waited around four months or so and I got me license in the mail.

If you get the license I let me know and I will send you some forms in MSWord and in Excel if you would like that will allow you to keep a bound log book.
            KMA - member #04

Read This ~ Click Here!

sigpic

Comment

splendid

-Great news, thanks for the info Bob! I'll try to get right on it!- Travis

Comment

How much of a C&R firearms has to be in original configuration? I'm seeing barreled actions that are marked"C&R" and I've seen military rifles with scope bases added marked the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Kar98k
                  How much of a C&R firearms has to be in original configuration? I'm seeing barreled actions that are marked"C&R" and I've seen military rifles with scope bases added marked the same way.
                  except for certain exceptions (many of which ATF made with the People's Republik of Kalifornia in mind), none that change it's form or function from original military configuration..... i.e. you can't add a monte carlo stock or a pistol grip to a yugo sks, but you can remove the bayonet and grenade launcher to make it conform to state law (if applicable), but a MN-1944, you can't remove the bayonet and still retain C&R status.... the grenade launcher and bayonet was a special exception that the ATF made for yugo sks's only..... i don't think barreled actions actually qualify as C&R unless ATF has made an exception for them..... if the original rifle type (and here is where the rules get a little fuzzy) had an option of things like scopes, etc... then it may (in a fuzzy kind of way) qualify as C&R...... some C&R rifles had scope rails on them, such as a small percentage of SVT-40's, and some Garands were made to use scopes..... the strictest interpretation of the law would be, "if i didn't have a scope rail, or, mounting holes for a scope rail on the receiver when it was made, it should not have one.".... the more loose interpretation might be "if there were rifles of that type made with scopes, then all of them can have scopes"....... but ATF in most cases (not all) has been known to stick to the stricter point of view...... it would be best to ask ATF first if you have doubts as to the C&R eligibility of any firearm, and don't ask just a field agent who answers the phone, try to talk to a supervisor or go as far up the line as you can, and get it in writing as well if they say "yes"....... this applies especially to anything that is not complete (such as barreled actions) or something that has aftermarket accessories (such as scope mounts) added to it.......

Comment

This is another one of those subjects that will never be agreed upon and will always be interpretted differently by the ATF on a case by case situation. If I had to interpret the law I would say that any firearm that is over 50 years old is a C&R no matter what modifications have been done with it. I think the original configuration thing was originally intended for a gun to be illegible for importation as a C&R, once imported I think it should maintain the C&R status no matter what but it seems that since laws are written in a manner that they are loosely worded so that people can interpret according to many variables that everything has been turned against the average shooters.

I guess what I am saying is that you will never get a correct answer on this subject because there is not a correct answer, just an interpretation of the law according to the situation and variables (ATF agent) at a certain time.

The best way to do it is if you think it might be bending the rules then don't do it and you shouldn't have any problems.
                    KMA - member #04

Read This ~ Click Here!

sigpic

Comment

yeah, one thing i see int the C&R update list is a serial by serial number list of certain guns that are C&R, which excludes all others of the same model and even production year....... i thought barreled actions were not C&R......

Comment

Here is a good primer on the entire C&R process.

Comment

Originally posted by Sistema1927
                          Here is a good primer on the entire C&R process.

That is an excellent sight for people interested in getting their C&R or even for people that already have their C&R.
                          KMA - member #04

Read This ~ Click Here!

sigpic

Comment

Egyptian Hakim is C&R? COOL!

I have one of these oddballs jammed waybak in the safe! What collector interest does the Hakim have? It is by far the strangest action I have encountered on any small arm. Cocking it is a good trick to set up your shooting buddy. You know who I'm talking about: the guy who taught John M. Browning gun design! LOL emai eddiebunk@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                            X