• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bubba strikes again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubba strikes again

Springfield model 1941

Before
    http://www.warhistoryonline.com/war-...son-rifle.html

After
    http://www.armslist.com/posts/230131...941-m1941-jsar
    NRA Life , USAF, USAR

I like big fat men, they make more noise when they fall, and sometimes they never get up again. Tucco-Good Bad and the Ugly.

Everybody's funny, now you funny too.

Pure stupidity to take something as rare as this and sportsterize it. Ain't worth cra* now. dozier

Comment

Bubba needs to be banned from Gun Ownership - before he ruins what's left of the vintage guns he comes into contact with.
      KMA - KGC - THA - #01
      Owner:
      www.WarRifles.com

'308 Holes Make Invisible Souls'

'The Path of Excess Leads to the Palace of Wisdom'

'Crush Your Enemies, See Them Driven Before You, Hear the Lamentations of their Women'

You cannot invade mainland America.
      There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.

Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral

Comment

I have never heard of a Springfield M1941.

Wise up.

Comment

The Johnson was indeed a rifle used by the Corps, especially in the early days of the war, before they completed the transition to the M-1 from the 1903. IIRC, there was also a light machine gun, which was used by the First Special Service Force. Johnsons are pretty rare now, and generally go for between five and seven thousand dollars, IF you can find one in decent shape that someone is willing to sell. What this BUBBA did to the one advertised is a travesty, but most of it could (possibly) be reversed. If I had $1200 to spare (i.e., if I had a job right now), I would seriously consider this rifle.

Comment

Here is some info on the rifle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1941_Johnson_rifle

Oops. Not a Springfield.
            Last edited by CWizard; 11-15-2013, 12:07 AM. Reason: Error correction
            NRA Life , USAF, USAR

I like big fat men, they make more noise when they fall, and sometimes they never get up again. Tucco-Good Bad and the Ugly.

Everybody's funny, now you funny too.

Comment

I have seen several of these sporterized and there was a sporter from the factory, I live beside a marine base and a lot of the old guys used these in WW2 and wanted to hunt with them back here so they bought it and made it like they wanted it, it was not a classic in 1946 when they cut it down just a heavy rifle they wanted lighter just like the one they cut down on Guadal canal.

Comment

Johnson sporter

IIRC, a company called Winfield Arms was offering sporterized Johnsons in "The American Rifleman". Had to be sometime in the 50s or early 60s.

Comment

Working...
                X