• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Front sight I.D.....I'm stumped !!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front sight I.D.....I'm stumped !!!!

Hey guys! Going through my late fathers "stuff" and found this sight. For the life of me I cannot tell what it goes to! anyone have any ideas? It's a one-piece solid hooded blade with "+1.5" stamped on one side and a "crown" stamped on the back side. It's dove-tailed to drift on and off. Dad had so many military surplus rifles, there's not telling what rifle this came from! Any help would be appreciated!

A few pics would be useful. The 1.5 could denote the height. A whole lot of military sights were pinned to the barrel. Stamped crowns denoting a country of origin were also numerous. A lot of the crowns had embelishments or a particular shape that help ID the country. With that figured out, knowing what weapons they produced, the shape of the front sight might give an indication of the particular weapon it came off of. There is more to this game than a simple description. dozier

Comment

I've been trying to figure out how to attach an image. I'm (obviously) computer illiterate! how can I post a pic?!?!

Comment

Working...
      X