• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1,000,000,000 a minute?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gunnut1
    started a topic 1,000,000,000 a minute?

1,000,000,000 a minute?

That is what the "Metal Storm" claims!! This is cool!

This will take a few minutes to load even with broadband but the wait is worth it!

Link fixed by Briansammo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyHeFatu-n4

• Fragmatic
    replied
    God help the poor soul on the receiving end of these weapons. Wow.

Leave a comment:

• Briansammo
    replied
    Here's a good video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyHeFatu-n4

Leave a comment:

• Gun Shot One
    replied
    As the US is funding this new weapon system and the way things are in the world, it is probably already in service in some "dark" place. (Dark = black op's)

Leave a comment:

• no one
    replied
    I have seen a video of the 40mm grenade launcher. The idea of using something like that for defense of perimeter, or against wave attacks is awesome. It would pretty much be: form up for wave attack, turn on the system for .5 seconds, then get the next group to form up and prepare...if they are dumb enough to think about it after seeing the first group get mowed down in .5 seconds (or less)!

Leave a comment:

• Andy the Aussie
    replied
    They do...I was at a demo a couple of years ago of the 40mm version. Designed as a perimeter defense weapon (much like the "Sentry Guns" in the Director's Cut of "Aliens" ;) )

Andy

Leave a comment:

• RCSAR
    replied
    I think they have in a grenade launcher format too.

Leave a comment:

• Chicken
    replied
    (link above didn't work)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8hlj4EbdsE

Leave a comment:

• rsm666
    replied
    Ahh Aussie does it again

This is a serious FUBAR weapon. Anti missile ,Anti personel,Anti aircraft i wonder if its Anti muslim?

Leave a comment:

• The Hillbilly
    replied
    Daddy can I get a new toy?

Leave a comment:

• gabrial
    replied
    I did some checking around on this thing when it was announced a few years ago, they have even worked out how to use this tech to create a pistol.

And if you think about it, now they can make terminators. The fact that weapons jam, overheat and need to be reloaded are the main reasons that they haven't already put robotics and weaps together to fight. Metalstorm uses gravity fed ammo, just balls dropped from a hopper into the 'breech'.

I would love to 'replicate' this... but that'll never happen, I'm sure it's patented....

Regards,

Gabrial

Leave a comment:

• full auto 45
    replied
    Wow! Wow! Wow! What calibre is it? And I'm use to only 750 rpm's.

Leave a comment:

• Gun Shot One
    replied
    Originally posted by Briansammo
    Where can I get one and how much!

I doubt if you would want to know the "How Much?" lol

The where is apparently in Andy's stomping grounds. Maybe he can pick one up for ya and send it with the M249 boxes.

Leave a comment:

• Briansammo
    replied
    Where can I get one and how much!

Leave a comment:

• dave0520
    replied
    Originally posted by gunnut1
    Hey, I only missed by 3 places!
    It's alright, it happens to the best of us.

Originally posted by shotgunbob
    I don't think that I can afford ammo for that one, but man wouldn't it be fun to play with it at the expense of the government.
    Everything's better when someone else is paying!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X