• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

922r Stuff for FALs.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 922r Stuff for FALs.

Remember, it is no more more than 10 foreign built parts.
    If you have 15 USA parts and 15 foreign parts, you are in violation of 922r.

Originally Posted by tenntucker
    How do I legally 86 the stock? It just doesn't look right.

Just make sure that you have no more than 10 of the following parts listed in blue on your rifle are foreign made.

(1) Frames receivers, receiver castings, forgings, or stampings
    (2) Barrels
    (3) Barrel Extensions
    (4) Mounting blocks (trunnions)
    (5) Muzzle attachments
    (6) Bolts
    (7) Bolt carriers
    (8) Operating rods (charging handle)
    (9) Gas pistons
    (10) Trigger housings (lower receiver)
    (11) Triggers
    (12) Hammers
    (13) Sears
    (14) Disconnectors
    (15) Buttstocks
    (16) Pistol grips
    (17) Forearms, handguards
    (18) Magazine bodies
    (19) Followers
    (20) Floorplates
    Last edited by gunnut1; 12-22-2004, 11:44 PM.

Here's a little fix for that gunnut1: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by tenntucker
    How do I legally 86 the stock? It just doesn't look right.
    Just make sure that no more than 10 of the following parts listed in blue on your rifle are foreign made.

(1) Frames receivers, receiver castings, forgings, or stampings
    (2) Barrels
    (3) Barrel Extensions
    (4) Mounting blocks (trunnions)
    (5) Muzzle attachments
    (6) Bolts
    (7) Bolt carriers
    (8) Operating rods (charging handle)
    (9) Gas pistons
    (10) Trigger housings (lower receiver)
    (11) Triggers
    (12) Hammers
    (13) Sears
    (14) Disconnectors
    (15) Buttstocks
    (16) Pistol grips
    (17) Forearms, handguards
    (18) Magazine bodies
    (19) Followers
    (20) Floorplates

Comment

thanks for the info cause I want to get rid of my bung hole stock too

Comment

I too have a thumbhole stock rifle that I wish to fix. I emailed my serial number to Century, and this is part of their reply:

Here is the response made to your ticket. Please do not reply to this email directly, use the link above
        to reply.

1.) This was made in 1993 in the U.S.

2.) The U.S. parts are the gas pistons, hammers, sears, buttstocks, pistol grips, and the forearm/handguard.

Question 1 was in regards to the manufacture of the receiver, and question 2 was dealing with other parts.

What I am wondering is, does this email from Century count as verification of my parts count? Should I use this to base my parts count on to remove the thumbhole stock? Would this hold up in a court if the issue ever arose?

Just curious. Thanks for any replies.

Comment

Originally posted by wandering_ronin
          I too have a thumbhole stock rifle that I wish to fix. I emailed my serial number to Century, and this is part of their reply:

Here is the response made to your ticket. Please do not reply to this email directly, use the link above
          to reply.

1.) This was made in 1993 in the U.S.

2.) The U.S. parts are the gas pistons, hammers, sears, buttstocks, pistol grips, and the forearm/handguard.

Question 1 was in regards to the manufacture of the receiver, and question 2 was dealing with other parts.

What I am wondering is, does this email from Century count as verification of my parts count? Should I use this to base my parts count on to remove the thumbhole stock? Would this hold up in a court if the issue ever arose?

Just curious. Thanks for any replies.
          I would not count on this email to hold up in court. If it was my rifle I would personally disassemble the rifle to check the parts and make sure they are what Century says they are.

Comment

How exactly do you tell? I have heard that even some US parts are not marked as such. Any pointers? It is an inch kit assembled to a metric upper. Any info on proof marks would be helpful! Thanks.

Comment

Most every Century part that I have seen is marked with a "C". The parts that are not marked are noticibly different than their OEM counterparts and therefore do not need to be marked.

Comment

US parts

I have a new clean unmarked FAL barrel. How does one determine where it was made? There is no requirement for U.S. manufactured parts to be so identified.

Comment

Working...
                X