• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GREAT VIDEO ON BOLT GAP, ROLLER WEAR, AND FIXES FOR CETME/HK/PTR PLATFORMS

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GREAT VIDEO ON BOLT GAP, ROLLER WEAR, AND FIXES FOR CETME/HK/PTR PLATFORMS

Clear, detailed explanation and demonstration on what wears, why, and how to fix.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFESb8TK7ZA

Cool, heading that way to check it out. Thanks.
    KMA - KGC - THA - #01
    Owner:
    www.WarRifles.com

'308 Holes Make Invisible Souls'

'The Path of Excess Leads to the Palace of Wisdom'

'Crush Your Enemies, See Them Driven Before You, Hear the Lamentations of their Women'

You cannot invade mainland America.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.

Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral

Comment

Thanks louis1, that was a good video.

Now if they can only come up with an easy way to clean that part, I'll be set.

Comment

Thanks for the video...I went through my stack of old American Survival Guides(42 of them :D) and there is an article on G3s with detailed instructions on cleaning and maintenance... Quick question, does anyone else have a spring that was so stiff you had to slam it on ground to charge it? I contacted Hk and they said it was common but since mine was made from parts kit they couldn't help me...What is the cure for this besides the obvious repeated firing which I cannot afford until TSHTF !?!
        Two in the Chest
        One in the Head
        Even the Jolly Green Giant rolls over dead.

Comment

how about...

Chroming the locking piece?

How many rounds are people getting through aweapon prior to having to rebuild it? How many rebuilds prior to scrapping?

What are the pros/cons between gas and blowback?

I have been a fan of blowback since forever. M2 action reproduced in 7.62?

That would be aces!

Comment

Oh why oh why can't this guy be my next door neighbor?

Comment

more TLC help to do !

well this happening to my friends ptr -one recoil spring failed and other things went south -broken ! bolt gap was ''0'' and why = locking piece/+4 rollers got a bolt gap of .010 /recoil spring /stock buffer etc was replaced ...next all OK no way next part is over looked and specs are hard to find ,it is the roller slots in the bolt head -horizontal size of the slot size at .318 any more than .320 its bad and its design is take the beating of the system! this was also bad in the ptr-91 so please look at your weapon for this one too

Comment

My PTR is coming in today, and I will have at least a week before I can get to the range to shoot it, so this video is perfect timing.. I can verify proper bolt space before I even shoot it. Thanks!

PM sent, Shepherd
                Rap, Tap, Bang and reacquire. the Threat

Comment

Working...
                X