• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HK/PTR parts for life list.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• northforest
    started a topic HK/PTR parts for life list.

HK/PTR parts for life list.

A list of parts to keep a HK/PTR running for life.

This list is still under construction. So if any of you HK guru's want to add, subtract, or modify this list, either post or PM me.

An excellent place to order the following parts:
    http://www.robertrtg.com/g3.html

Red= essential spare part.
    Blue = really good to have.
    Green = nice to have.

1- recoil spring
    1- recoil spring
    1- recoil spring stop pin
    1- recoil spring stop pin
    1- recoil spring guide ring
    1- recoil spring guide ring
    1- recoil spring rivet
    1- recoil spring rivet

1- large push pin
    1- large push pin
    1- small push pin
    1- small push pin

1- extractor
    1- extractor
    1- extractor

1- spring for extractor
    1- spring for extractor
    1- spring for extractor

1- bolt head

2- regular rollers
    2- +2 rollers
    2- +4 rollers

1- Retainer plate for rollers
    1- Retainer plate for rollers
    1- roll pin
    1- roll pin

1- locking lever for bolt carrier
    1- spring for locking lever
    1- pivot pin for locking lever

1- trigger
    1- trigger spring
    1- sear
    1- sear catch
    1- pivot pin for sear
    1- trip lever for sear
    1- sear spring with roller

1- spacer for sear spring
    1- pivot pin for sear spring

1- hammer set (hammer, shank, spring, pivot pin)
    1- hammer set (hammer, shank, spring, pivot pin)

1- ejector lever
    1- ejector spring
    1- ejector spring
    1- ejector pivot pin

1- cocking handle
    1- pivot pin for cocking handle
    1- support for cocking handle
    1- spring for cocking handle

1- firing pin
    1- firing pin
    1- firing pin

1- firing pin spring
    1- firing pin spring
    1- firing pin spring

1- firing pin locking piece
    1- firing pin locking piece

1- replacement stock set
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MGR281-1427-1821.html

1- buffer and mounting hardware
    Last edited by northforest; 05-26-2008, 12:01 PM.

• das Gewehr
    replied
    I think I may have a spare like-new forend floating around as well as a spare stock. I had my G3 converted to a G3K (12.5" barrel, 4 pronged flash hider) and have both the (old) standard trigger group and the newer plastic group. Prefer the feel of plastic. Since I live in a "restricted", read communist, state, I would have problems, but mine was manufactured well pre-ban, so I can legally also have a collapsible stock.

I know some of you will say that a 12.4" barrel is too short for a 7.62 MBR, but this gun was intended as a CQB and passenger side SHTF door gun. I know in the sandbox, many operators preferred the MP-5 and it's variants for auto trips. To me there's nothing like a 7.62 throwing some serious lead downrange.

In the infamous 1986 shootout between two dirtbags Platt & Matix, I am convinces the FBI would have fared much worse had Matix had a 7.62 instead of a Mini-14 chambered in 5.56 Ken Royce (Boston T. Party) has a great breakdown on that shootout in Boston's Gun Bible, a must have for any gun enthusiast.

Leave a comment:

• Broken Sailor
    replied
    Originally posted by bggrntrk715 View Post
    Another thing to consider having . Broken shell extractor, I have had some terrible luck lately, with old surplus ammo, I now have one for every rifle i own. just put em in your cleaning kit,
    Thanks for the list.
    I have a cheap M14 extractor, but I was looking at the one that is sold in the Blue Press by Dillon. It advertises it will extract any round. Anyone have one that can speak to their usefulness?

Leave a comment:

• cheepertokeeper
    replied
    G3 parts kit

Sarco has kits, everything but receiver. Navy model trigger housing, new barrel, rest described as exellent or new. Item #G3023, $495. Worth it in parts alone. Previously mentioned CTD stocks are a real bargain, couple I got are in great shape, one muckered up one they happily replaced, didn't even ask for the old one returned. Agreed on spare parts but mine have never broken a thing. Ever. That's my SHTF piece.

Leave a comment:

• Grunt Medic TXARNG
    replied
    Welcome back, Tokarev!

Leave a comment:

• grassyknoll999
    replied
    I recently installed Trijicon replacement sights on my G-3. Ordered them from HK parts.net I got the set with the ghost ring rear sight and tritium front post. I really like them. I had a Millett DMS1-4 power scope mounted on it, but because of the collapsible stock, I found it difficult to get a fast sight picture, even after modifying the scope mount to get a little more eye relief.
    Anyhow, I just thought I'd mention it.
    By the way, it's good to be back after being away for a while. Several things had caused me to go awol, but Brian has talked me into coming back to where I belong. All is well now, and things have changed in both my life and my perspective. I'm a better man for it, and I hope to be around and able to support this site in the coming months. I have missed many of you.

Leave a comment:

• grassyknoll999
    replied
    Originally posted by HKaltwasser View Post
    I have recently been collecting extra parts myself.This is what i have or am getting-extras-complete trigger group,bolthead,+2,+4 ,-2,-4 rollers,locking piece,the extra stock sets dont hurt>i have 3 of those.I'll get an extra barrel if i find the right ones too.
    Welcome to War Rifles!! I try to get spare parts for most of my important weapons. You never know when the supply may dry up.

Leave a comment:

• HKaltwasser
    replied
    I have recently been collecting extra parts myself.This is what i have or am getting-extras-complete trigger group,bolthead,+2,+4 ,-2,-4 rollers,locking piece,the extra stock sets dont hurt>i have 3 of those.I'll get an extra barrel if i find the right ones too.

Leave a comment:

• grassyknoll999
    replied
    Originally posted by Fragmatic View Post
    I've ordered a BUNCH of parts from Robert at RTG and they've all been top notch.

Usually deal with his wife, I think. Very nice nice and knowledgeable lady.

I've dealt with them quite a bit. She's a real sweetheart. Never in a hurry and just as nice as can be! A real pleasure in these days of ignoramusses and imbeciles.

Leave a comment:

• bggrntrk715
    replied
    Another thing to consider having . Broken shell extractor, I have had some terrible luck lately, with old surplus ammo, I now have one for every rifle i own. just put em in your cleaning kit,
    Thanks for the list.

Leave a comment:

• Love&a45
    replied
    An extra bolt-head is a great idea...as long as you have the replacement rollers and know how to measure bolt gap and change to the appropriate roller size.

You may not know in advance what size rollers you'll need in the replacement bolt-head.

Leave a comment:

• Fragmatic
    replied
    I've ordered a BUNCH of parts from Robert at RTG and they've all been top notch.

Usually deal with his wife, I think. Very nice nice and knowledgeable lady.

Leave a comment:

• northforest
    replied
    Originally posted by RTF View Post
    Robert from RTG parts throws his in...
    http://www.robertrtg.com/g3replacementparts.html
    I think I'll set the list up kind of like the RTG guy has and sticky it this weekend. Keep those suggestions coming!

Leave a comment:

• RTF
    replied
    Maybe this will also help...

Robert from RTG parts throws his in...
    http://www.robertrtg.com/g3replacementparts.html

Leave a comment:

• BrockB
    replied
    I plan on picking a couple of these up.

Cheaperthandirt G3 Stock Sets

Nice and cheap and who cares if they are a little dinged up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X