• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of the darkness of a safe.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of the darkness of a safe.

Had to get these out of a safe after sleeping for 20 - 25 years or more. I am posting photos all over the place. I had forgotten how pretty they were.

Sgt USMC 66-72
    RVN 67-68
    NRA Life member
    M14RA member

Very nice.

Comment

Must be dusty in here...

I had a Steyr NJ import FN FAL, long flash hider, all original for many, many years. Bought it cheap in the early 80s.

Back in 2010 we hit some very hard times. If not for tangibles (including some PMs) we would not be still in our home with (at the time) four generations under one roof. The FAL was one of the casualties that allowed us to pay the bills.

Dayum, that was a nice rifle. I sure do miss it. That photo reminds me of when it wore a 3-9x AO compact Leupold. Those were the days. Guys may not think that their survival guns will save them before the S hits the F, but in our case, yes, that FAL helped to save our lives. It just had to become a casualty in the battle to make it happen. I'm glad we made it, but still sad to lose that beautiful rifle.

Thanks for the memories.

AW

Comment

Man those are beautiful FAL's! I've always wanted one. But the price of them now has just gone crazy. I'd definitely hang onto them!

Comment

I own 300 still in the grease, brand new, perfect condition Israeli FAL mags and not a single actual FAL rifle.
          Now it seems all the good ones are gone, unless you want to pay through the nose for an all newly manufactured one
          that is without the character of the vintage you guys speak of.

However, I do own two of the rarest HK-91's ever to enter the country, semi-auto, but politics blocked more coming in.
          Both remain unfired and in the MSG90 stock and buffer style/configuration, have no idea what they are worth, but I'm sure it's sky high.
          KMA - KGC - THA - #01
          Owner:
          www.WarRifles.com

'308 Holes Make Invisible Souls'

'The Path of Excess Leads to the Palace of Wisdom'

'Crush Your Enemies, See Them Driven Before You, Hear the Lamentations of their Women'

You cannot invade mainland America.
          There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.

Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral

Comment

It totally sucks here in CT. We are no longer " permitted" to buy magazines in excess of 10rnds.
            Before the stupid ban went into effect, I managed to secure a couple of lifetime supplies of what my collection required. We are hoping that with a change of libturds in the state capital that repeal of some of the regs will be in order. If there were a ban on golf clubs , I am sure there would be some action in a hurry.
            Art
            Sgt USMC 66-72
            RVN 67-68
            NRA Life member
            M14RA member

Comment

Originally posted by nf1e View Post
              It totally sucks here in CT. We are no longer " permitted" to buy magazines in excess of 10rnds.
              Before the stupid ban went into effect, I managed to secure a couple of lifetime supplies of what my collection required. We are hoping that with a change of libturds in the state capital that repeal of some of the regs will be in order. If there were a ban on golf clubs , I am sure there would be some action in a hurry.
              Art
              Likewise here in Kalifornia. The 10 round M1 Carbine mags cost more than the GI 15 round mags. And you have to be careful from whom you buy them because the bad ones will jam.

Cleaned two and shot one of my M1 Carbines this weekend. I had forgotten how easy they were to clean.

Best!

Comment

I am thankful I live in the former Confederate State of South Carolina.

ANY mention of gun control by some politico, that politico is doomed come the next election day.

nf1e: Do NOT register. Do NOT bury. Do NOT comply. Tell General Secretary Malloy, Lt. "Boss Hogg" Vance, and his goons of the People's Republik of Connecticut to go f-k themselves.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

I am proud of my FN gear, even if I did register them.

Semper Fi
                  Art
                  Sgt USMC 66-72
                  RVN 67-68
                  NRA Life member
                  M14RA member

Comment

How do you like the Atlas bipod? I have been thinking about stocking them
                    www.safehomeconsulting.com

Safe Home Consulting / Bear Beam Firearms
                    8722 E. 41st St.
                    Tulsa, OK 74145
                    918-994-2447

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenSailor
                      What is that magazine on top of the weapon? I see there are a couple in some kind of mag holder pouch also. I have not seen them before. Anybody?
                      It is the FN 5.7 holds 50 rds of 5.7 and ejects out the mag well on a AR
                      www.safehomeconsulting.com

Safe Home Consulting / Bear Beam Firearms
                      8722 E. 41st St.
                      Tulsa, OK 74145
                      918-994-2447

Comment

Originally posted by repete34 View Post
                        How do you like the Atlas bipod? I have been thinking about stocking them
                        It is a nice bipod. I only have the one, but I had to try it after reviews by others awhile back.
                        The one thing I don't care for it the noise it creates when being deployed. Kinda like that annoying old screen door sound.
                        Sgt USMC 66-72
                        RVN 67-68
                        NRA Life member
                        M14RA member

Comment

The upper comes just as you see it. It is an AR five seven and mounts right up to a standard lower. It takes standard FN P-90 mags. If you want to collect your brass, all you need is a hollowed out AR mag and the brass drops nicely into it. A 30 rnd AR mag will hold more than 50 of the 5.7 x 28 brass. I added the suppressor and Zeise Z-point for my own purposes.

Sgt USMC 66-72
                          RVN 67-68
                          NRA Life member
                          M14RA member

Comment

Working...
                          X