• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

300 blk question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300 blk question

Ok so I'm running a 8 inch 300 blk shoots supersonic flawlessly but with subs sonics is a single shot or appears to short stroke it ejects but dose not pick up another round with or with out can

The set up Cmmg 8 inch barrel vltor low pro gas block pistol length gas key mod hand gaurd bushmaster standard bolt and carrier pistol extension spikes heavy buffer surefire break and 7.62 rc socom can

So heavy carrier or lighter buffer ? Any thoughts or solutions I want this to cycle 100%

I would think a heavier carrier would simply shorten the stroke even more.

Momentum = mass * velocity (or p=mv).

When the subsonic round fires, the momentum of the bullet is transferred into the bolt carrier. Making the carrier heavier would result with the same momentum from the subsonic round pushing the carrier back at a lower speed, because the same momentum divided by more mass yields lower velocity. The reaction of the spring is non-linear, so the lower speed of the heavier carrier would result in less travel, and a shortened stroke.

Comment

Alright thanks will swap out the heave buffer for a light one and give it a try

Comment

I've run gem tech Remington and some roll your own's 3 diferent work ups all function the same

Comment

Try a std carbine buffer NOT a heavy buffer and you should be fine
          www.safehomeconsulting.com

Safe Home Consulting / Bear Beam Firearms
          8722 E. 41st St.
          Tulsa, OK 74145
          918-994-2447

Comment

Working...
          X