• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone seen this one yet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone seen this one yet?

This came out today on 1911.com. Didnt see it on search
    http://www.benefits.va.gov/COMPENSAT...uene_water.asp

ServicesVA » Benefits » Compensation » Post-Service » Exposures » Exposure to Contaminated Drinking Water at Camp Lejeune
    Exposure to Contaminated Drinking Water at Camp LejeuneIn the early 1980s at the Marine Corps Base in Lejeune, NC, it was discovered that two on-base water-supply systems were contaminated with the volatile organic compounds trichloroethylene (TCE), a metal degreaser, and perchloroethylene (PCE), a dry cleaning agent. Benzene, vinyl chloride, and other compounds were also found to be contaminating the water-supply systems. The water systems were contaminated from August 1953 through December 1987.

There is limited and suggestive evidence of an association between certain diseases and the chemical compounds found at Camp Lejeune during the period of contamination. VA will consider disability compensation claims based on exposure to the contaminated water at Camp Lejeune on a case-by-case basis.

Eligibility Requirements
    •You must be a Veteran who was discharged under conditions other than dishonorable.
    •You must have served at Camp Lejeune during the period of contamination (August 1953 through 1987)
    •You must have a current disease and a medical opinion that states the disease is a result of exposure to the contaminated water at Camp Lejeune
    Normally, VA will initiate a VA medical examination and request an opinion regarding the relationship of the disease to Camp Lejeune service.

Evidence Requirements
    •The evidence must show you served at Camp Lejeune during the period of contamination (August 1953 through December 1987)
    •The evidence must show you have a current disease and include a medical opinion indicating the disease is a result of exposure to the contaminated water at Camp Lejeune.
    How To Apply
    •Apply online using eBenefits OR
    •Work with an accredited representative or agent OR
    •Go to a VA regional office and have a VA employee assist you. You can find your regional office on our Facility Locator page.
    For more information on how to apply and for tips on making sure your claim is ready to be processed by VA, visit our How to Apply page.

Health benefits for 15 conditions may be available for Veterans and family members who served on active duty or resided at Camp Lejeune for 30 days or more between Jan. 1, 1957, and Dec. 31, 1987.
    Connect
    Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on email2FAQsSearch
    Did You Mean:
    Other Suggested Searches:
    Recommended Documents
    Status of a pending claim

How much does VA pay in compensation?

More Results
    ResourcesAdvisor Program
    Agent and Attorney Fee Coordinators
    Appeals
    Benefits A-Z
    Benefits Summary Materials
    Federal Benefits Guide
    Benefit Rates
    VA Code of Federal Regulations

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Attn: Marine Veterans-Exposure to Contaminated Drinking Water at Camp Lejeune
    ATTN: Marine Corps Veterans:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this is off topic but I feel this needs to get out to everyone who could benefit.
    For those of you who went through Camp Gieger or was stationed at Camp Lejeune for more than 30 days, you need to read this and apply at your local VA office for medical benefits. I did, and they are now paying for my scripts and I have VA care available-income is no concern because of the Lejeune water deal. Feel free to PM me or ask questions. I will try and help.
    Art
    http://www.benefits.va.gov/COMPENSAT...uene_water.asp

For those who do not know, the water there was contaminated with all kinds of chemicals and we drank it.

Please pass the word to others.

Edited to add: There is a "Registry for Marines" to also keep those affected up to date on what is going on with this mess. Thanks to "Humanx" for reminding me.
    https://clnr.hqi.usmc.mil/clwater/index.aspx

Semper FI.

Thanks for sharing, and it's important to get the word out. I was never at Lejeune, but hundreds of thousands of others were, and they need to know this is available.

God Bless and Semper Fidelis.

Comment

The timing of this post is amazing.

As many of you know, I am in the midst of a transitional phase of my life. Sold my house very quickly, nowhere to go, ended up in a prison cell at the in-laws.

Well, long story short, I have four filing cabinet drawers full of nonsensical papers stored for decades. Going through one folder was the notification hat I, an Lord knows how many others were knowingly poisoned with the drinking water during my tour there. I have avoided sending in the requested health questionnaire for confidentiality reasons, but had just been speaking with a former Marine who insisted I get it done.

Thanks for the impetus. I have been reading up on some of the contamination sites, and I was stationed a stones throw from one of he larger ones. I don't know if some of my health issues are related, but it bears asking my doctors if there could be any correlation.

I don't want a nickel from those bastards, but I do want someone to swing for knowing about it and keeping it covered up.

Comment

Thanks

I know many of you were stationed there over the years and yet this was the first Id heard of it. Im AMAZED at the duration. There HAS to be something criminal here. All those families and kids... this is just disgraceful. I was afraid I had posted old news.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKONE666 View Post
          I know many of you were stationed there over the years and yet this was the first Id heard of it. Im AMAZED at the duration. There HAS to be something criminal here. All those families and kids... this is just disgraceful. I was afraid I had posted old news.
          Not old news at all. I know many Marines and Sailors who were there during that time that haven't yet been tracked down.

My paper stated that I was found through the Internal Revenue Service and that no other personal info was compromised. Many folks working OTB, living off the grid or otherwise off the IRS radar likely haven't been notified yet.

I am so pissed off about this. They knew for 30 frigging years. Somebody has to pay and I don't mean the taxpayer. Some folks need some serious jail time.

Comment

Originally posted by das Gewehr View Post
            The timing of this post is amazing.

As many of you know, I am in the midst of a transitional phase of my life. Sold my house very quickly, nowhere to go, ended up in a prison cell at the in-laws.

Well, long story short, I have four filing cabinet drawers full of nonsensical papers stored for decades. Going through one folder was the notification hat I, an Lord knows how many others were knowingly poisoned with the drinking water during my tour there. I have avoided sending in the requested health questionnaire for confidentiality reasons, but had just been speaking with a former Marine who insisted I get it done.

Thanks for the impetus. I have been reading up on some of the contamination sites, and I was stationed a stones throw from one of he larger ones. I don't know if some of my health issues are related, but it bears asking my doctors if there could be any correlation.

I don't want a nickel from those bastards, but I do want someone to swing for knowing about it and keeping it covered up.

das Gewehr,

You are entitled to any monies owing to you if you have been affected by this water. Any sort of compensation you should grab, the more the better.

Play this one smart. I remember an old business man told me, and will never forget this saying.

Never let emotion get in the way of profit.

To many people let emotion get in the way of good judgment.
            Think of this as taking the O.....ma's money, if that helps.

YOU ARE ENTITLED TO THIS!!!

Plus this may help you in your transitional phase of life.

Albert

Comment

Back during Desert Storm, Halliburton had a major abortion on their hands due to active parasites found in the post-treatment water at fire bases, etc.
              Alot of folks got sick and it all came down to No-Bid contracts, corner cutting and just plain greed.
              KMA - KGC - THA - #01
              Owner:
              www.WarRifles.com

'308 Holes Make Invisible Souls'

'The Path of Excess Leads to the Palace of Wisdom'

'Crush Your Enemies, See Them Driven Before You, Hear the Lamentations of their Women'

You cannot invade mainland America.
              There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.

Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral

Comment

And yet, combat Soldiers always gave the water treatment guys **** as 'pogues' and not important! Sanitation, water treatment and vaccination have saved MORE lives than all medical treatments combined!

Comment

I still laugh at this, though!

Comment

IMHO.....

......typical REMF in uniform.
                    "Diversity is the Agent of Contamination!"

"Tolerance is a Virtue for a Man without Convictions!"

Retired Army and Loving Every Minute of It!

Comment

Working...
                    X