• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite WWII weapons (small arms)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite WWII weapons (small arms)

This is going to be toughie. The One that dominates for me is the US M1 Garand. After that it's going to be the M1 Carbine with honorable mention to the Stg 44 Sturmgewher( can't spell tonight).

Swede62

Well, since you have my favorite taken, is it too much to ask for a PPSH to go with it?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by China Fleet Sailor
      Well, since you have my favorite taken, is it too much to ask for a PPSH to go with it?
      Just because I picked it doesn't mean you can't pick it too. PPsh is an excellent choice as well I wouldn't mind having one.

Swede62

Comment

WW2 Weapons

Small arms only? If so Ill take a BAR and all the AP I can shoot,a 1903a4 sniper, and to wow the natives a fg 42 on full auto 7.92 and 20 in (i think)
        bbl its a truly impressive fireball, cant hit anything though. The PPSH would be great w/czech ammo, 20% hotter loads, 1800 fps 11 in bbl 85 grain. close to M1 carbine ballistics subgun.Fun Fun Fun.Most practical in todays standards MG 42.

Comment

For me it would be the tommy gun For an aussie gun it would be the owen gun that was designed because Britain canceled a huge order of sten guns.

Comment

I have an illness, it causes me to believe which ever I'm holding at the moment to be my favorite.

If someone said I could have one of what ever I wanted, I'd go with the Stg 45, just because there are only 5 (I think) known to exist.

Comment

STG 44, someone adopted it as thier issue rifle right after the war, so a bunch were made, kinda like how Romania had the T4 tank, which was a repainted Panzer 4J. Also the PPsH 41, and an MP40, just for flavor.
              Oh, what the heck, gimme any military issue weapon of the day, except anything made by France or Italy....

Comment

I'd go with an SVT-40, the .50 cal, or the Russian 14.5mm AT rifle.
                Proud Member:

Knights of the Golden Cross - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by armoredman
                  STG 44, someone adopted it as thier issue rifle right after the war, so a bunch were made, kinda like how Romania had the T4 tank, which was a repainted Panzer 4J. Also the PPsH 41, and an MP40, just for flavor.
                  Oh, what the heck, gimme any military issue weapon of the day, except anything made by France or Italy....
                  That little model 34 pistol made by Beretta was a nice little gun in 380. My little brother had one, and sold it to my dad I think. take down was a little unusual, but similar to the Colt 1903 pistol. You had to rotate the barrel and then pull the slide off.
                  I'd take just about any of the major players weapons If they were given to me no doubt. You got to try to list favorites though.

Swede62

Comment

Well in the Pacific theatre it would have to be the flame thrower...IMO

Comment

Originally posted by CavVet2
                      Well in the Pacific theatre it would have to be the flame thrower...IMO
                      I hadn't really thought about that but it fits, and definately did it's job well. I don't think I would have wanted to be the guy carrying it though.

Swede62

Comment

me either, one well placed round and BOOM... but it would have been good to have one clearing caves etc in front of you...

Comment

Not to mention heating up your coffee and MREs.

Comment

Bren gun. Niiicces. We likes the precious.

Comment

Originally posted by milhol
                              Bren gun. Niiicces. We likes the precious.
                              I most assuradely would take a BREN. The BREN could be magazine fed as well as belt fed couldn't it? Plus a quick change barrel.

Hope your night is going better tonight Milhol!

Swede62

Comment

Working...
                              X