• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking

Looking for some help. I picked up a sweet Fox Sterlingworth 16 gauge / 30 inch bbl.in near perfect shape. Only one little problem,it has no forearm/fore-end. As you can guess I got it at a very good price and all numbers match,except,that's right, no forearm. I have been on E-bay-gunbroker-Numerich-Brownell's you name it.
    I can't find a forarm for this great looking shotgun to save my life. I want to keep it because I bet it is an awesome game getter. Does anyone have or know someone who might have a complete unbroken forearm?
    Thanks a million.
    Dan.

Well, Numrich DOES have the forend iron in stock, and a good gunsmith should be able to use one to rebuild the forearm for your shotgun.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufact...rrel-36285.htm

Comment

Thanks. I have thought of that but only as a last resort. I really would like a complete forearm with some patina and light wear in the checkering to kinda match the rest of the old sweetheart. Someone has to have a forearm for this baby somewhere.

Comment

I would call stockys stocks. Call them up and ask them. I have ordered things from them that took 3 months but they always came through. You might have to wait, but they are a good company IMO. They have more stocks than anybody, and if they don't have it, they can find someone that does. At least I hope they can for you. I have gotten some pretty nice stocks and forends that I was amazed they had.

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/StoreFront

Comment

Thanks.

Thanks to all that replied. I found a forearm for this old shotgun on an website devoted to double guns. It is a perfect fit and you cannot tell it was not the original.
          Thanks again.
          Dan.

Comment

Working...
          X