Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MREdepot = Damaged Cans & Low Grade Food.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The majority of issues with damage have been from the last 6-8 months, even though less dramatic denting (like yours) has always been an issue.
    KMA - KGC - THA - #01
    Owner:
    www.WarRifles.com

'308 Holes Make Invisible Souls'

'The Path of Excess Leads to the Palace of Wisdom'

'Crush Your Enemies, See Them Driven Before You, Hear the Lamentations of their Women'

You cannot invade mainland America.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.

Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral

Comment

• Yoder's Brand

I did a quick search and found sold under the Orval Kent Foods and Yoder's Brand names an Amish Macaroni Salad recalled May 2008. Don't know if they are a subsidiary of Yoder's meats. I did not spend a great deal of time searching, although this might be worth further investigation.

Comment

• Looks like they have a history of recalls - macaroni salad, potato salad, and deserts.

http://www.pritzkerlaw.com/section-f...ad-recall.html
        Orval Kent Foods and Yoder's Amish Macaroni Salad Recall
        Due to Possible Contamination with E. coli O157:H7

June 1, 2008 – Orval Kent Foods, an Illinois firm, has recalled about 23,000 pounds of Amish Macaroni Salad after the Ohio Department of Agriculture found E. coli in a single package.
        Products included in the recall are Orval Kent Amish Macaroni Salad in 5-pound containers with June 12 expiration dates and Yoder’s Amish Macaroni Salad in 1-, 2- and 5-pound containers with June 7 expiration dates.
        The recalled was shipped to suppliers who distribute to retail and food-service establishments in Indiana, Ohio, Delaware, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania.

http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/ENFORCE/ENF00363.html

The FDA Enforcement Report is published weekly by the Food and DrugAdministration,U.S. Public Health Service, Department of Health and Human Services. It containsinformationon actions taken in connection with agency regulatory activities.
        ENFORCE02/01/1995 Recalls and Field Corrections: Foods -- Class I -- 02/01/1995 February 1, 1995 95-5 RECALLS AND FIELD CORRECTIONS: FOODS -- CLASS I========================== PRODUCT Various potato salads, in 5 pound and 2 pound containers, under the I & K distributors label: (a) Yoder's Mustard Potato Salad (b) Yoder's American Potato Salad (c) Yoder's Potato Salad (d) Yoder's Redskin Potato Salad (e) Yoder's Amish Potato Salad (f) Yoder's Deluxe Potato Salad (g) Butterfield's Regular Potato Salad (h) Butterfield's Mustard Potato Salad (i) Star Mustard Potato Salad (j) Meijers Deli To-Go Potato Salad. Recall #F-311/320-5. CODE All lots.MANUFACTURER I & K Distributors, Inc., Delphos, Ohio. RECALLED BY Manufacturer, by press release October 21, 1994, followed by telephone and visit, and by notice issued October 24, 1994. Firm-initiated recall complete. DISTRIBUTION Ohio, West Virginia, Indiana, Michigan, Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Pennsylvania. QUANTITY As of November 3, 1994, firm estimated none of the suspect salads remained on the market. REASON Product is contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.

http://www.commissaries.com/press_ro..._mac_salad.cfm

Voluntary Recall of Yoder Amish Macaroni Salad

Orval Kent Foods announced a voluntary recall May 28 of its Yoder Amish Macaroni Salad because the products may contain E. coli O157:H7.
        As a result, the Defense Commissary Agency has removed the following affected products from its shelves and stock:

* Yoder's Amish Macaroni Salad, UPC 007347468281, 1-pound container, with a use by date of "6/7/08."
        * Yoder's Amish Macaroni Salad, UPC 007347401045, 2-pound container, with a use by date of "6/7/08."
        * Yoder's Amish Macaroni Salad, UPC 007347488729, 5-pound container, with a use by date of "6/7/08."
        * Orval Kent Amish Macaroni Salad, UPC 7945360810, 5-pound container, with a use by date of "6/12/08."

In a statement to consumers, Orval Kent Foods said it is voluntarily recalling about 23,000 pounds of Amish Macaroni Salad that may pose a health risk. This voluntary action is being taken in response to the results of a test conducted on a single package of Amish Macaroni Salad by the Ohio Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Food Safety, for E. coli O157:H7. Thus far there have been no reports of injuries connected with this recall.
        Commissary customers can return the used or unused product to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions should contact Orval Kent at 1-800-544-1246.
        Customers can also get more information on this and other recalls by going to the Food Safety section and access links to various consumer safety sites.

http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/ENFORCE/ENF00291.html

FDA
        Enforcement Report

The FDA Enforcement Report is published weekly by the Food and Drug Administration, U.S. Public Health Service, Department of Health and Human Services. It contains information on actions taken in connection with agency regulatory activities.
        ENFORCE 01/19/1994 January 19, 1994 94-3 RECALLS AND FIELD CORRECTIONS: FOODS -- CLASS I PRODUCT Yoder's Pistachio Dessert, in 4 pound plastic tubs. Recall #F-156-4. CODE All product made after September 30, 1993 with pull dates from NOV 30 through JAN 30. MANUFACTURER I & K Distributors, Inc., Delphos, Ohio. RECALLED BY Manufacturer, by letter November 29, 1993. Firm-initiated field correction (relabeling) ongoing. DISTRIBUTION Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Indiana. QUANTITY 4,714 units were distributed; firm estimated that 373 units remained on the market at time of recall. REASON Product contains undeclared Pistachios and almonds. _______________ PRODUCT Yoder's Old Fashioned Bread Stuffing, in 2 pound plastic tubs. Recall #F-167-4. CODE Pull dates DEC01 through JAN05 (all product made after October 25, 1993) MANUFACTURER I & K Distributors, Inc. Delphos, Ohio. RECALLED BY Manufacturer, by letter November 29, 1993. Firm-initiated recall ongoing. DISTRIBUTION Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Indiana. QUANTITY 1,090 cases (6 tubs per case) were distributed; firm estimates 209 cases remain at the retail level. REASON Product contains an ingredient consisting in part of monosodium glutamate (MSG) but the MSG is not declared on the product label.

With a history of that many recalls, I wouldn't be surprised if there was another for the trash they're trying to pass off as beef.
        God & Country, down with the NWO.

“The poetry of heroism appeals irresistibly to those who don't go to a war, and even more so to those whom the war is making enormously wealthy”.
        Louis-Ferdinand Céline

Comment

• Almost forgot, there were also recalls on Yoder's brand bread stuffing.
          God & Country, down with the NWO.

“The poetry of heroism appeals irresistibly to those who don't go to a war, and even more so to those whom the war is making enormously wealthy”.
          Louis-Ferdinand Céline

Comment

• Originally posted by Melody View Post
            I did a quick search and found sold under the Orval Kent Foods and Yoder's Brand names an Amish Macaroni Salad recalled May 2008. Don't know if they are a subsidiary of Yoder's meats. I did not spend a great deal of time searching, although this might be worth further investigation.
            Note that Yoder is a VERY common Amish and Mennonite name. We have a Yoder's Market just down the street from us, and another one nearby is owned by someone named Yoder and they aren't closely related.

Comment

• At least they won't admit to it.

Comment

• So what's the deal then when Steve says he IS the manufacturer? Can that be taken any other way than he's saying that he IS Yoder mfg.?

Comment

• Originally posted by coolhand77 View Post
                  So what's the deal then when Steve says he IS the manufacturer? Can that be taken any other way than he's saying that he IS Yoder mfg.?
                  Well it could be taken with a grain of salt as it seems pretty clear he is a liar and a thief.

Comment

• Why can't you simply sue his sorry butt?

Comment

• I picked up this thread after it was already about 20 pages long or so and haven't read everything in it, but have things really gotten that bad? I haven't ordered anything in 8 or 10 months, but in the past I've had nothing but good service, both in shipping time and quality of food and packaging.

Is he still a sponsor?

I really like the Yoder meats and want some more, but I don't want to waste my money either.

Comment

• MREdepot still an allowed vendor/sponsor? Not just no but Hell No.

The Yoders Bacon is O.K., I've had way better, but not bad for canned pork, all the other Yoders stuff I've tried is marginal to down right gross.
                        KMA - KGC - THA - #01
                        Owner:
                        www.WarRifles.com

'Crush Your Enemies, See Them Driven Before You, Hear the Lamentations of their Women'

Comment

• Originally posted by Briansammo View Post
                          The Yoders Bacon is O.K., I've had way better, but not bad for canned pork, all the other Yoders stuff I've tried is marginal to down right gross.
                          I really like the bacon, fortunately.

It's hard to produce bacon that looks like they just shoved the whole critter into an Another Brick In the Wall, Part II meat grinder.

I'm surprised people haven't found eyeballs... or worse... in that goop.
                          THA - member #069
                          KGC - member #11

WHY ME WHEN THERE IS AN ATHEIST JUST DOWN THE STREET?!?!

http://www.warrifles.com
                          One great place.

Comment

• Originally posted by coolhand77 View Post
                            So what's the deal then when Steve says he IS the manufacturer? Can that be taken any other way than he's saying that he IS Yoder mfg.?
                            I believe Yoder's is a private label manufacturing brand that Steve/MREDepot licenses and a cannery in Ohio produces, though you can buy the same products from that cannery on their website under their own name.

Usually in a private label canning, the private label owner actually pays for the raw materials, etc themselves and pay the cannery for their production services.

It is similar to supermarket brand foods. The supermarket generally doesn't actually own a cannery, they get it done under a private labeling agreement. So it is the supermarket's brand, but the actual production is done by someone else.

Comment

• My personal preferances

I too have received advertising emails from MREdepot, but then again i had placed orders using the WR code long ago. I had always been tempted to buy some of the meat products from Steve, but realized that I was just as well of just buying canned meats in bulk at Costco. Then when Steve announced that he was working with Wal-Mart, it was the last straw for me. I had become discusted with that place years ago. I have not placed a foot inside their doors in many, many years. When Steve talked of his Wal-Mart deal, I was tempted to publicly state my displeasure and my intent to never deal with MREdepot again. I decided not to because so many post were wishing the man well in his endeavers. I did not wish to upset the apple cart and be scorned. But I guess I still rist being scorned with a few of my breef thoughts in this post. People can do as they please, but as for me I would rather pay more for less than EVER shop at Wal-Mart again. If they are the only place that has someing then I don't need it. So after taking the time to read the last 10 pages of this thread, it is clear for me that Steve & Wal-Mart will make fine bed fellows. If S ever HTF, he will find very few friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by 06en View Post
                                I too have received advertising emails from MREdepot, but then again i had placed orders using the WR code long ago. I had always been tempted to buy some of the meat products from Steve, but realized that I was just as well of just buying canned meats in bulk at Costco. Then when Steve announced that he was working with Wal-Mart, it was the last straw for me. I had become discusted with that place years ago. I have not placed a foot inside their doors in many, many years. When Steve talked of his Wal-Mart deal, I was tempted to publicly state my displeasure and my intent to never deal with MREdepot again. I decided not to because so many post were wishing the man well in his endeavers. I did not wish to upset the apple cart and be scorned. But I guess I still rist being scorned with a few of my breef thoughts in this post. People can do as they please, but as for me I would rather pay more for less than EVER shop at Wal-Mart again. If they are the only place that has someing then I don't need it. So after taking the time to read the last 10 pages of this thread, it is clear for me that Steve & Wal-Mart will make fine bed fellows. If S ever HTF, he will find very few friends.

Welp, my guess is that Steve gets his personal stuff from Costco too.

Kinda like alot of drug dealers don't actually use the stuff they sell, because they know more about it than their customers do.

Come to think of it - when he and I spoke of his Honey Shortage during one of the last few Group Buys, he told me he has a Sam's & Costco membership account and considered just running down there and buying whatever he needed to cover the difference.

I didn't think much of it at the time, but if you were some huge ass food vendor, wouldn't you just buy stuff from yourself? Then again, maybe he's tried the Beef Chunks too?
                                KMA - KGC - THA - #01
                                Owner:
                                www.WarRifles.com

Comment

Working...
                                X