• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disturbing Situation with Smith Enterprise, Inc.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disturbing Situation with Smith Enterprise, Inc.

When Smith Enterprise was kicked off of another forum, several folks came to me to offer them assistance and give them a new home.
    I called SEI, they were very excited to join up here and I did not charge them a dime (nothing) but I did ask for a www.WarRifles.com banner on the Smith Enterprise, Inc. home page (which they agreed to multiple times, including the last time we spoke by phone)
    AND
    I was told Ron was sending a check as a way to show his gratitude, including my many behind the scene changes to benefit their arrival.
    (META Tag, search engine prompts, vendor links, etc.)

Being interested (as anyone would) as to what this mystery check was for:
    I was told by Andy that Ron had planned to send Hawk a check for $7,000 to support that site, in order to solve that site owners financial issues (imagined or real) so Hawk would leave friends of SEI alone instead of charging them $150.00 each.
    Due to SEI now being gone from that other place - WarRifles.com would instead get most, all, but surely some of that large check.

Ron Smith himself made reference (while on the phone with me) to the actual existence of this now torn up check that had been payable to that other site owner.

About the 2nd time I mentioned this check - "there will be a delay", says Andy, as that money was rolled back into production.
    Months passed and on April 27th I mentioned the long overdue
    www.WarRifles.com banner to Andy and I also mentioned that this mystery check never arrived.
    I asked Andy once again to honor his commitments and those made by Ron by installing the www.WarRifles.com banner and sending the check (regardless of the amount), because my issue was that folks do what they say they are going to do.

That day was the last day Andy logged in.

That day was the day Andy changed his e-mail address, as given to me.

I'm sure SEI has some nice products, but I cannot suggest them from an ethical standpoint, as they have taken advantage of this site and of me.

I have been blatantly lied to several times and used as a back stop for SEI, I think Andy is a big part of that and operated with Ron's full knowledge.
    Nothing they agreed to was ever delivered.
    But they did get what they wanted and that was a free - no charge - ride, both here and now on the forum that originally kicked them off.

Also let it be known, that Andy claimed a hacker friend of his hacked and shut down the site below (several times and for several days each time) 'a felony' - which hosts other individual stories about SEI.

So Andy (or Ron) if I start having hacking issues, I will be strongly suspecting you and your morally-flexible buddy.

http://www.smithenterprisesucks.com/index.html
    Shills for SEI need not post.
    I'm, not attacking their product or validating any other website.
    What I am doing is telling exactly what happened and why I no longer feel Smith should be here, as we are honorable.
    Dishonorable folks (Liars) need not join and are not welcome.
    KMA - KGC - THA - #01
    Owner:
    www.WarRifles.com

'308 Holes Make Invisible Souls'

'The Path of Excess Leads to the Palace of Wisdom'

'Crush Your Enemies, See Them Driven Before You, Hear the Lamentations of their Women'

You cannot invade mainland America.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.

Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral

Personally, I don't care how good their products and/or workmanship is (or isn't).

Dealing with someone at a distance requires trust. SEI has shown me they don't merit that trust.

I will not knowingly deal with people like that.

Others may do as they wish, but never forget, "Caveat emptor."
    KGC - member #04

Comment

That does suck. Better we find out now than way down the road.

Comment

Reputation is everything. I wonder if getting a bad rep here is worth a banner and a couple bucks. I'm glad I have not bought anything from them, nor will I ever now. I'll be sure to let my friends know too. I know a couple that have bought from them before. I'm sure this will change. Come on though, they were not even capable of putting up a BANNER? Lord, they are either dumb or really broke.
        "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

How can anyone expect to stay in business without being up front with the people that you deal with.

At this point there are other reputable companies out there that we are able to deal with that give excellent service.

Comment

Brian, See I told you to put that banner back up: Jerks, Whack Jobs or Godless Men - Don't Bother Joining this Site Not sure if that guy is a Jerk or a Whack Job but I am leaning towards Jerk. Sounds like the Pimp hand was needed for some Bitch Slappin'. Put the banner back up

Comment

Karma is a bitch

You did the right thing and gave them more than ample time to prove themselves. Actions have a way of coming around full circle, be it bad or good and it will for them when it bites them in the ass.

Keith
              Member:
              Knights of the Golden Cross

Comment

I'm dropping my order with them!

Comment

I've held my peace, patiently waited and tried to be cool about it.
                  But hey, it's been a damn month already.
                  Now, the Pimp Hand comes down, because it's Bitch Slap time.

KMA - KGC - THA - #01
                  Owner:
                  www.WarRifles.com

'Crush Your Enemies, See Them Driven Before You, Hear the Lamentations of their Women'

Comment

Well I was happy when they first arrived but something didn't smell right from the beginning... just me I suppose. But when I didn't see the SEI rep login for awhile I knew something was up... not surprised. Good luck selling those NEW SEI receivers except maybe to uncle sugar.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I LOVE the new Fulton website!!! And of course their products rock!!

Comment

As with anybody or any org, trust must be established. These guys apparently didn't do that, and now they lose out. I've been burned often enough to not take anyone's word for anything unless I have some kind of a track record with them, or VERY GOOD references. When someone like Brian takes a risk, it's from a good heart. The guy taking advantage of that deserves the return he gets.

Sorry these guys had to do what they did, Brian. It just bites.

Comment

Sadly, This is What it is Coming To

You will see it more and more as people cut and run, or overextend themselves; writing with their mouths those proverbial checks which their asses cannot cash.

Is it deliberate? Maybe. Is it unnecessary? Yes. We are going to be among the last line of defense for this pitiful patch of soil... and we probably are not the ones you want to be d**king over.

I do not know the guy, so I cannot say for sure... but it takes a lot more work (by my experience) to fabricate a lie and continue to defend it than to tell the truth, take whatever lumps come with it and move on.
                        THA - member #069
                        KGC - member #11

WHY ME WHEN THERE IS AN ATHEIST JUST DOWN THE STREET?!?!

http://www.warrifles.com
                        One great place.

Comment

They definitely did sing a good song, right till the end.
                          That end was when I started to point out discrepancies.

Their latest lie washed out within 24 hours and my bringing that up resulted in all further Private Messages being ignored.
                          This 'playing dead' crapola has been going on now for over a month, their lies and blue sky promises started day one.
                          Months later the bag is empty and nobody on their end wants to man up.
                          KMA - KGC - THA - #01
                          Owner:
                          www.WarRifles.com

Comment

My experience w/Smith Ent. and Andy...thru WarRifles

Being a member of this forum has given me the chance to meet some of the finest quality people in the weapons world....either as pro's in the business or the backwoods oldtimer who grew up w/a rifle in his hands.FWIW...i value both equally.

When a buddy of mine said he wanted to buy the Smith quick disconnect flashhide for his 50BMG...i thought very cool...i have an in by being a member of warrifles.

After a months time and money being sent....i had to enlist Brians help to find out WTF was going on w/the flash hide.
                            Turns out Smith Ent was super busy closing bigger contracts and Andy was crunchin big hrs at the shop and finally got the flash-hide shipped.

Tho disappointed w/the wait and lack of communication...i would still rate the transaction as favorable.....giving their overall service a B rating.
                            I also saved 100+$ on the deal so i cannot complain too much.

As for what Brian is going thru.....i call BS on Smith. My transaction my not have been as favorable had not Brian helped out in my behalf.
                            Its very disturbing to me to think an outfit as Smith claims to be would pull petty tricks and games on a man who plays it straight and only expects the same.
                            I'm a pretty forgiving person yet i can understand Brian's frustration and reasoning and stand behind his decision.Let them man up and come back to the table...then maybe we can all do business again.

Semper Fi

Comment

A few years back I made the mistake of calling SEI to order a flash suppressor for my PTR. It wasn’t the owner I dealt with but probably Andy his sidekick. I’ve never been so close to hanging up on someone. He was totally belligerent and obnoxious and acted like he was doing me the biggest favor selling me one of their parts. I was told two or three times how they had, “a lot of government contracts”. When I tried to give him the part number he cut me off and yelled back, “I know what you want!”. Then he promptly sent me a flash suppressor for an AR. I got what I guess was Ron’s wife when I called to tell them they sent me the wrong part and to ask if they still had the PTR flash suppressors. She basically said “I don’t know what we got-send it back” CLICK. They did send me the right part after that but never offered to pay my return shipping. I was pretty close to buying one of their high priced M-14’s but dealing with them convinced me to go with a DSA FAL which I like more anyway.

If Smith doesn't want to deal with "civilians" then they should close up that part of their operation and become strictly a government contractor.

Comment

Working...
                              X