• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTA....where oh where is GPA's kit? where oh where can it be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTA....where oh where is GPA's kit? where oh where can it be?

Way back in July I sent WTA an M1 Garand kit (actual rifle carried by my GPA in WWII, minus the receiver which was heavily pitted and sold previously)

I also sent a used 18" barrel purchased from Ebay, and I sent a money order for $550 cash.

$350 was to go to a receiver, which I did eventually get sent to my FFL and I sent back to WTA. It is a 1943 Springfield. I held it, I know it exists.

I was promised to have a FINISHED tanker delivered by August 16th, 2006 in anticipation of a Cali DOJ meeting where we thought laws MIGHT be changed. I wanted the gun DROS'd and "in my name" before the law changed, if it was gonna (hasn't happened yet)

Since Dan was seriously behind and I didn't want to bug him to death I had him send JUST the receiver so my FFL could log it and transfer it to me. After 10days wait I mailed it back to WTA to finish my build.

So now, they have MY receiver, my parts kit and my barrel.

Cynthia promised me LAST WEEK that she'd send me the parts, but nothing has shown up yet. I told her I'd even pay the return shipping, cuz I don't need another excuse as to why my parts aren't here.

Anyway I'm seriously bummed. Last year for X-mas I helped Dan and his family out cuz they were having a bad year. Not expecting "preferencial" treatment, but I thought I'd be the last guy to get the shaft after helping them out when I was broke as a joke myself.

Thinking that WTA was reputable I never got any form of a receipt for the $$$ I sent or for my parts. Luckily I can prove the receiver is mine with the form 4473 my FFL should have on file still.

So basically, WTA is holding my irreplaceable parts kit hostage as far as I can tell. I just called and left them another message today telling them I'd pay for return shipping and I just want my GPAs parts back...

Im posting this to keep a running record of what happens, in hopes they might somehow read it and know I'm not f**king around when it comes to my parts or my receiver.

Im not a rat but I won't tolerate thievery and I WILL call the BATF if I have to, to resolve this.

I would even drive to Lubbock if I need to, to retrieve my parts, which are IRREPLACEABLE to me...

JP

Everyone else bashed my idea on the other thread about WTA for mentioning one could go to the BATFE with a rifle/receiver not being returned. I was serious though, if it were my irreplaceable rifle that my GPA carried in WWII I would have all ready been on the horn after seeing things go down the way they have. I'm an honest guy, and I expect nothing less then honesty from those I do business with. If you burn me I'll do my best to burn you worse. I'm pulling for you JP.

Comment

JP...I hope for two things. I hope that:

1) you will soon post that this issue has been resolved

2) you DO NOT call the BATF

Comment

Hey Jay sorry to hear about your troubles!!
        It took about 6 months to get my dog out of this fight! (Which I think was too long!)
        The good news is that since I kept after them (for 6 months) they did come thru for me in the end.
        I have been disappointed (and surprised) by people before but I would like to think that Dan has not fallen into a deep enough hole that he will not get your stuff back to you!

Best of Luck!!
        SD

Comment

DO NOT call F-Troop on WTA.

never sic the IRS on anybody either...even satan.

Comment

Leave the Gubment out of it.

Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

We'll get your stuff back.

Comment

bro best of luck i do hope you get your family property back

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Smith View Post
                Leave the Gubment out of it.

Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

We'll get your stuff back.
                Yah no doubt...but its a good bargaining chip...

Anyone that KNOWS JP knows how much he likes 3-letter agencies...

No calls will be made unless its the absolute LAST resort...I assure you all.

Jay

Comment

WELL, I'm happy to report that my parts DID make it back to me.

I guess a little prodding and pushing worked

I will post pics shortly.

Thank you West Texas Armory for sending back my parts. Now lets see if they issue my $200 refund as I was promised....

JP

Comment

Happy for you J.

Comment

Glad you got your stuff back JP.

Comment

Working...
                      X