• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse

Avoid ~ Two Faced Smith Enterprise, Inc.

These people are Slugs, I can no longer endorse them under any circumstances.

See the link for more info:

http://warrifles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72077
See more
See less

Anyone else work with sub moa M14s?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else work with sub moa M14s?

After many years of working at it, I now have 2 sub moa rifles in the M14 herd.
    1 is a LRB M-25 with a heavy Kreiger ss barrel and the other is a recent Bula Defense XM21 build using all their parts including the Bula Defense med weight NM barrel.
    It has taken a long time and a lot of testing, but I think I have the key now.

Semper Fi
    Art
    Sgt USMC 66-72
    RVN 67-68
    NRA Life member
    M14RA member

Still,have my m1a supermatch almost 30 yrs now, it shoots sub moa. We used to draw match ammo from the dcm, those were the days.

Comment

I hear you . After shooting these animals for over 50 years and owning a couple of dozen M14s, these are the only two I have that I can truthfully say are sub min. Amazing how much the heart beat can move things around in the prone position.
      Sgt USMC 66-72
      RVN 67-68
      NRA Life member
      M14RA member

Comment

Getting the Winter brass prep started early. Looks like about 5k to get ready over the next period of time. Way less than previous years. Getting old is not for sissies.
        Sgt USMC 66-72
        RVN 67-68
        NRA Life member
        M14RA member

Comment

I also have my M1A NM from 1974 and I love it. It was built by a old boy down in Georgia and it's old school.

Comment

Glad to see there is someone on the forum that will talk something other than politics.
            I shoot with a couple of gents that have NM M1As and they do a darn good job.
            Are you a hand loader?
            Sgt USMC 66-72
            RVN 67-68
            NRA Life member
            M14RA member

Comment

Originally posted by nf1e View Post
              Glad to see there is someone on the forum that will talk something other than politics.
              I shoot with a couple of gents that have NM M1As and they do a darn good job.
              Are you a hand loader?
              Yes, I been reloading from the early 70's. For my M1A, I use 155 grains pill and a 168 match. I still use IMR 4895 for the burn. I don't do matches any more. It's to hard on my old broken 71 year old body. I do go and shoot in the sandbox. I do lots of long range shooting with my bolt guns. We do 1,000 yards on out to one mile. The best I did at the mile was little under 1 1/2 MOA. My Son beat me with just under MOA. Now I have to shoot from a table, I'm a wimp.

Comment

Shooting from a table is fine, as long as you are still shooting. Shooting at all is not for wimps.
                Most of my shooting is prone supported. I am always getting kidded about taking my naps between shots.
                Sgt USMC 66-72
                RVN 67-68
                NRA Life member
                M14RA member

Comment

Working...
                X