• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse

Avoid ~ Two Faced Smith Enterprise, Inc.

These people are Slugs, I can no longer endorse them under any circumstances.

See the link for more info:

http://warrifles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72077
See more
See less

Identify That Ammo : Headstamp Gallery

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify That Ammo : Headstamp Gallery

http://www.afte.org/ExamResources/ga...stamp-Gallery/

Very good information and resource.

That's pretty neat!

Thanks for the link Gunner!

Comment

Cool site. Thanks for the link.

Comment

I just found out I bought 360 rounds of Port from a guy for $120 shipped cause he thought it was SA. When I opened it I said to myself "self, FNM is Port me thinks". I just verified it here!!! He really pushed the sale too, cause I don't particularly like SA! Port and Hirt for me! [dummy]

Comment

Been lookin` for awhile

but still haven`t found any info on PMJ headstamp with and without nato symbol.

Comment

PMJ Headstamp

That's a real puzzle to me, too. I even checked a South American site--www.municion.org/762x51-- and they didnt have it either. I bought some ammo from Georgia Arms, and about 1/3 of the 200 rounds was PMJ. HMMM

CW

Comment

Found on another forum

PMJ= Poonsang metals,Seoul,ROK
              PMD= " """"""""
              PMC same as above

Comment

This is interesting.

http://www.oddrussia.com/search/labe...%20a%20Billion
                "......Those are two bullets, French and Russian collided in the air, back at 1854 during the war in Russia at Crimea peninsula."

This also.

http://www.oddrussia.com/search/label/Russia
                "Just taking a step to any village outskirts and digging a few feet deep inside the soil would reveal tons of the things laying there since World War II."

Comment

I have some ammo I bought about 20 years ago. The headstamp says K F 77 7.62A
                  I was wondering where it was from, if anybody knew, and if it was corrosive. If I recall correctly, it was corrosive, as, it caused the gas tube on the L1A1 I had at the time to turn greenish/turquoise in color around the vent, if this is the same ammo I'm thinking of. I've had several different surplus ammunitions over the years, it's easy to get them confused, especially the ones that I have only 50 or so rounds of left. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Kirkee Arsenal, Poona-3, Kirkee, India

http://cartridgecollectors.org/headstampcodes.htm

Originally posted by Tokarev40 Tenn View Post
                    I have some ammo I bought about 20 years ago. The headstamp says K F 77 7.62A
                    I was wondering where it was from, if anybody knew, and if it was corrosive. If I recall correctly, it was corrosive, as, it caused the gas tube on the L1A1 I had at the time to turn greenish/turquoise in color around the vent, if this is the same ammo I'm thinking of. I've had several different surplus ammunitions over the years, it's easy to get them confused, especially the ones that I have only 50 or so rounds of left. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Thanks for the reference link. This is probably corrosive, as it comes from India and it's 1977 vintage. Thanks again.

Comment

thanks.

Thanks, i just used this to id the headstamps from my 2k rounds of surplus .45, does anyone know whats corrosive and whats not, all the rounds appear to be from the mid to late 80's, with about 30% of it being Russian (Tula).
                        Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
                        George S. Patton

Comment

Ok here is one that Stumps Me.

It is a round of 8mm Mauser, Brass Cased, FMJ with a Red Sealer at the case neck, and around the Primer. Primer is Brass colored.

Looking at the Headstamp as a Clock!!!

at 12 O Clock 1952

at Nine O Clock 7.9 at 3 O Clock 7

at Six O Clock l45l

Can Anyone tell Me What this is?

Thank You In advance!!

Have a Nice Day!

May God Bless All Here!!

Comment

30-40 Krag ammo ID help!

Has anyone information on 30-40 Krag cartridges?? I have about a dozen of various makers and don't want to shoot em in my relic.. Might do a collector some good..
                            Thanks in advance.

Comment

I have some old 30-40 marked 30 cal. If I remember correctly it is UMC.

Comment

Working...
                              X