• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chinese are getting the U.S. Bridge Building Jobs!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese are getting the U.S. Bridge Building Jobs!

Can you believe this load of crap!

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/us-b...ylist=14594944
    Proud Member:

Knights of the Golden Cross - 2013

Once all the construction work is all complete, and they all leave to go back to China, you will find they took a lot of short cuts to maximize their profits.

I believe you will be doing running repairs on those two bridges. I feel your anger.

Comment

Our union's haven't helped - they've made US companies incapable of bidding competitively, and therefore the jobs have gone to those who will do them at a (much!) cheaper rate.

Comment

Bad Bridges

The Chinese are buying up the United States dept. Our "Leaders" need to worry about our country. We need to secure out boarder! We need to fix our infrastructure!

This is a list of bad bridges witch some of us drive on everyday. You would be surprised at how many bridges are past due and may fall anytime. You may want to study and reroute your trips.

http://t4america.org/resources/bridges/

Comment

Originally posted by Justincase22 View Post
          The Chinese are buying up the United States dept. Our "Leaders" need to worry about our country. We need to secure out boarder! We need to fix our infrastructure!

This is a list of bad bridges witch some of us drive on everyday. You would be surprised at how many bridges are past due and may fall anytime. You may want to study and reroute your trips.
          If the quality of construction of these China firms follows the quality of the crap we import by the megaton, people might consider a permanent route change to their daily travels.

Comment

Originally posted by Justincase22 View Post

http://t4america.org/resources/bridges/

Holy Crap....several in my area are in alot worse shape than I thought, one of which has 2,600 cars a day blazing back and forth across it!
            KMA - KGC - THA - #01
            Owner:
            www.WarRifles.com

'308 Holes Make Invisible Souls'

'The Path of Excess Leads to the Palace of Wisdom'

'Crush Your Enemies, See Them Driven Before You, Hear the Lamentations of their Women'

You cannot invade mainland America.
            There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.

Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral

Comment

Don 't worry - be happy!

Nothing to worry about - have another egg roll and hustle on down to the mall. Spencer Gifts has throwing stars on sale this week!!
              "There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights." - Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler, USMC

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I am not Sure but is this not going against the Bacon/ Davis Act

Comment

Originally posted by charlesPOSTLEwade View Post
                  I am not Sure but is this not going against the Bacon/ Davis Act
                  Probably is. The Chinese are probably charging the Govt entity they are doing the work for the prevaling wage rate (Davis/Bacon Act) & paying the workers less I'll bet. I'm sure the quality would scare us.
                  Billiards: Love the game.
                  I have a drinking problem, I keep missing my mouth!

Comment

Working...
                  X