• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giant Hogweed: The toxic plant that can cause BLINDNESS

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giant Hogweed: The toxic plant that can cause BLINDNESS

Here is a news video about Giant Hogweed when it was discovered in a woman's yard in Michigan. This is a seriously scary plant - it can cause you to go blind:

https://www.facebook.com/ken.spiegel...0/?pnref=story

A couple of other videos that are useful and informative:

And a CBS news page about Giant Hogweed:

So far, Giant Hogweed has been confirmed in the following states:
    New York
    Pennsylvania
    Ohio
    Maryland
    Oregon
    Washington
    Michigan
    Virginia
    Vermont
    New Hampshire
    Maine

Learn to identify this plant and STAY AWAY from it! It can cause BLINDNESS and painful, recurring blistering.
    Last edited by progunner1957; 07-14-2015, 09:36 PM.
    "There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights." - Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler, USMC

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." - Thomas Jefferson

The Army has some **** they can spray on them and they will be gone practically overnight. Side effects are it also kills everything else, including people who may come in contact. Trust me, I know.
    FOR GOD AND COUNTRY

NRA Life Member
    NSSA Life Member
    Past Master F&AM
    Oath Keeper
    USNAVY 1968-'74
    Viet Nam Survivor
    Military Order of the Stars and Bars

If I'm not home, just slide the money under the door.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

Working...
    X